Colleen Patrice feels most at home in nature, far away from the chaotic energy of the city. She relishes adventurous outdoor activities that push her body and mind to become stronger, healthier, and more finely tuned to the call of her Spirit. Colleen’s life—both personally and professionally—has revolved around the Healing Arts, and she has always had a knack for inspiring people to make lasting lifestyle changes. Several years ago, after a family member was diagnosed with breast cancer, Colleen felt compelled to share her knowledge with a much larger audience. Now, a full-time author, her days are largely dedicated to research and writing about how (and why) people can choose to opt out of our highly dysfunctional food system. Visit Colleen’s personal blog at www.colleenpatrice.com
Why did I write this book?
I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples.Mother TeresaIt’s simple. I care about people and our planet, and I have zero tolerance for secrets, lies, and manipulation. The fact that those in power—the very highest echelon of people that run this country and the world—can justify the destruction of life and great amounts of needless suffering, simply to accumulate massive amounts of money-on-top-of-money, is utterly beyond my comprehension.
My goal is to empower people with information that restores their freedom to make healthy choices. And I wholeheartedly believe that with a little bit of education and awareness, we can help create a better world… one bite at a time.
- Certified Massage and Bodywork Technician from Body Mind College, San Diego (1990).
- B.A. Psychology, Summa Cum Laude, University of California, Los Angeles (1999).
- M.A. Spiritual Psychology, University of Santa Monica (2001).
- Dolphinswim owner and leader, Bahamas (2001-2003).
- Healing Arts Practitioner (2003-2012).
- Certified Healing Touch Level 1, Denver (2005).
- Women’s Group Leader, Denver (2006).
- EMDR Therapy, healing from childhood trauma (2009-2010).
- Author, EMDR Journal: A Companion for Healing, Courage, and Clarity (2010).
- Educator, Lighten Your Toxic Load: Discover a Path to Clean Living (2011-2012).
- Author, Lighten Your Toxic Load, The Series (2012-present).